Peach-Mango Yogurt Protein Smoothie



Hubs and I are starting to make protein smoothies for breakfast, and this was today's venture. 

We gathered our ingredients (I am listing the ingredients for 1 serving, but we doubled everything because there was 2 of us):

  • 1 cup plain 0% Fage greek yogurt
  • 1 peach (we used frozen peach slices)
  • 1 cup mango chunks
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 cup ice


We added all the ingredients into the blender (as you can see the blender is very full!)


I started blending everything together on a medium speed, but not everything was mixing together. I tried a higher speed, but we ended up adding a bit of water to help everything mix together. I'm sure it was because the fruit was frozen and I may have added too many ice cubes.


It turned out more like a Frosty consistency rather than a smoothie. It was very good, but just kind of hard to eat without a spoon. I let it sit out for a little bit so it would melt and be easier to eat. This made 2.5 cups like this pictured above. Each serving has 297 calories and 23g protein.

I hope everyone has a good weekend! We have a wedding tonight then I'm off to have a girls' weekend with my college friends!


Comments

Popular Posts