Money Matters #3/ Christmas Countdown #5

Hello bloggy friends! Welcome to post #3 in my money series! If you missed the first two, you can find them here and here.

Instead of following the same format I used in the other two posts, I wanted to talk a little bit about how I earn extra money. With the Holiday season upon us, who couldn't use some extra money? Now, I don't get rich by doing these things; mainly get some extra pocket money which is always nice to have :) I will also say I'm not getting compensated for this post- these opinions are my own.

1. Inbox Dollars 

This site I have been using for about a year. It's a very easy way to earn a little extra money! You get paid for reading emails, taking surveys, playing games, watching videos, printing coupons, and the list goes on! They have a bunch of free things you can do, and they also have paid offers. For example, I signed up for Just Fab through Inbox Dollars, made my first purchase, and earned $15! How easy is that! 

The amount you earn really depends on the time you spend on it. I check their emails everyday, take surveys once in awhile, and get a payout about twice a year. You need to earn $30 to request a check sent to you, so in total I've earned about $70ish with them. Again, it's not a lot, but it's nice to have a little extra cash on hand :)

If you're interested in joining, click on this link:


  

New members get a $5 signup bonus on your account! Putting you that much closer to your first check!

2. MyPoints

MyPoints was the first program I ever signed up for, almost 7 years ago! They are a points-based site that rewards you for checking emails, playing games, printing coupons, taking surveys, shopping, etc. Much like Inbox Dollars, but this rewards you with points instead of money. You can then redeem your points for gift cards to retailers such as Amazon, Gap, Home Depot, Panera, Old Navy, etc. Over 75 merchants to choose from!

Again, the rewards you get depend on the time put into it. I probably earn a $25 gift card every 6-9 months. 

If you want to sign up, check out their website.

3. Taste Testing

This is a super fun and easy way to earn money! Getting paid for eating food?? Okay!!

I go through the company, Food Perspectives, which is based in the Minneapolis/St. Paul, MN area. Under this program, you are allowed to do a test every 2-3 months and you earn about $30-35 per 45-minute test. I've earned up to $45 (I think) for about an hour and 15 minute test. 

During a test, you are given different samples of food to try and you answer questions based on the sample and your thoughts on it. Initially, you have to take a test online or over the phone to see if you qualify for a particular test. They have different centers all over the twin cities and I try to only do tests that are close to home.

If you don't live in the Twin Cities, simply search for taste testing in your area and I'm sure you'll find a company close to home!

I hope you find some luck with these ideas! If you have any questions on any of these methods, feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And now on to my Christmas Countdown! Day #5! The days are sure flying by, don't you agree? This is a cute little video my dad made. He has an interesting talent of being able to whistle and hum at the same time. He made this cute video a few years ago whistling and humming Jingle Bells :)

Comments

Popular Posts