Pumpkin Pie

My job at Thanksgiving was to bring desserts. I made two different ones, apple pie cookies found here and homemade pumpkin pie, which I will share the recipe (I actually made the pie from homemade pumpkin puree, so I'll share that one too!)

Pumpkin Puree   

I had two pie pumpkins I bought around Halloween. For each, I cut the pumpkin in half lengthwise, scooped out the seeds and put them face-down on a baking sheet. I baked them at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes or so, until the skin can be easily pierced with a knife.

Let them cool until they can be handled. Next, peel off all the skin and put the flesh of the pumpkin into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.

I then packaged them in 1-cup portions in ziplock bags and froze them for future use.





Pumpkin Pie

  • 2 cups or 1 can pumpkin puree
  • 1 frozen pie crust
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 can sweetened condensed milk
  • 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie seasoning
1. Mix together pumpkin puree, 2 eggs, sweetened condensed milk, and pie seasoning in a bowl until all mixed together (as you can see in my picture above, some of the eggs didn't mix together :/)
2. Pour into a frozen pie crust.
3. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then lower the temperature to 350 degrees and bake for 40-50 minutes more, or until you can insert a knife near the center and it comes out clean.
4. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And for day #3 of my Christmas Countdown, I bring you a fun song that I recently re-discovered on Pandora this weekend. It's by the a capella group Straight No Chaser and it's their hilarious version of The 12 Days of Christmas:




Comments

  1. Hey there! That pie looks delicious and I am so happy you posted that video! I love a capella and Straight No Chaser does a great job!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts