Casual Date Outfit/Weekend Happenings

Happy Monday! Another cold one here in Minnesota... but they say it's going to warm up by the end of the week so we at least have something to look forward to :)

How was everyone's weekend? I felt like mine just flew by! Here's what I was up to:

Friday

After work, hubby and I had a date afternoon/night. We saw "The Lego Movie" and went to dinner at Chili's. You guys, the Lego Movie is awesome!! It has humor both adults and kids would enjoy. I would definitely recommend seeing it!

Here's what I wore for our date: 



Jeans: Gap
Chambray: Old Navy
Sweater: Target
Boots: Just Fab
Scarf: Gift

I decided to keep it casual and comfortable, since we were going to a movie. It's been awhile since I've worn my chambray and I wanted to pull it out again. Here's a few other ways I've worn it:




 I notice that I tend to wear it a lot with my black skinnies, so added a couple ways I wore it to work. Always under a sweater, though, haha. I had a cute outfit (pre-blog) last summer in which I paired it with colored shorts and a tank. Can't wait until the weather is nice enough to recreate it :)

Saturday

After breakfast, hubby and I went out shopping so I could get some camping/backpacking things for myself. He has collected things throughout the years between boy scouts and family camping, but I've never done much camping myself, so I got some hiking clothes, wool socks, and a backpack for day hikes. I still need to find a sleeping bag and some hiking boots. I'm excited to use it all once summer hits!

Hubby's family's church had a Cana dinner Saturday night for married couples. They had a nice dinner and a speaker afterwards. It was fun getting dressed up and spending the evening with a whole room of married couples- some I'm sure have been married quite a long time! Great inspiration for us as we are heading towards our second anniversary :)

Sunday

We went to church in the morning, I worked on couponing for awhile and did some housework. I made a delicious dinner of taco soup with cornbread (recipe hopefully to come later this week!) and I finished the evening off watching the Oscars. All in all a pretty good weekend! 

Oh, I also published Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram pages for my blog- you can find them right below my profile. Feel free to follow me! :)

Weekend Highlights



DCinStyle

Comments

  1. It sounds like you had a good weekend! You are like the 5th person TODAY that I have heard recommend the Lego Movie. I really need to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness, I can't wait til my husband and I have a date again! It's been for-e-vurrrr! You are so good at this coupon thing and the multiple ways you wear clothes! You inspire me to wear my clothes in different ways. I just can't find an event to do it hehe. Oh hey! I could start doing it for my school outfits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. School would be a perfect way to do that! I've never been good at fashion or anything like that, but blogging has been getting me to see my wardrobe in new ways!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts